In recent years, gas remote control cars and trucks have hugely grown in popularity due to better nitro gas engine technology simplifying tuning and maintenance.
Nitro gas RC cars are the ultimate choice when it comes to realism and performance. With nitro gas remote control cars and trucks you come as close as possible in experiencing the excitement of real full-size racing cars.
Gas remote control cars, sometimes called nitro remote control cars due to the nitromethane-based fuel they run on, have several advantages over electric remote control cars:
- Longer runtime: If gas remote control cars and trucks run out of fuel, you simply make a pit stop and refill your car. With an electric RC car, you have to purchase several battery packs, make sure the battery packs are fully charged, and swap them when batteries run empty.
- Higher speed: Gas remote control cars and trucks hit incredible speeds in excess of 60 (even 80) MPH.
- Realism: Gas remote control cars and trucks feature powerful engine sound, authentic fuel smell, and realistic smoke.
Gas remote control cars and trucks can be run only outdoor (they are REALLY loud) and maintenance is a bit messier than with electric cars. Since nitro gas remote control cars and trucks require a bit more maintenance compared to electric remote control cars, the electric ones are preferred by first-timers in the RC car hobby. However, this is only a suggestion. If you are fascinated by nitro gas remote control cars and trucks, then go on and purchase one – like many other RC car enthusiasts, too.
Most Popular Nitro Gas Remote Control Cars And Trucks
Gas RC cars and trucks come in a variety of types: monster trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, touring cars, on road sedan cars, and more …
To select the right kit out of the many gas remote control cars and trucks, just follow this quick overview of the most popular categories of nitro gas remote control cars and trucks:
1) 1/10 scale Stadium trucks: Nitro stadium trucks have much smaller wheels and tires than the giant RC monster trucks. Stadium trucks are not as tough and mean as the monster trucks in rough terrain. However, if you are out for racing on road and off road, stadium trucks may be your choice. They are generally lighter and faster than the heavy monster trucks and reach high speeds of about 30 mph.
- Traxxas Nitro Rustler 2.5 (RTR)
- Traxxas Nitro Sport SE
- HPI Nitro Rush (RTR)
- HPI Rush (RTR)
- Associated RC10GT (RTR and kit)
- Team Losi Triple-XNT (RTR and kit)
2) 1/10 scale Touring cars: Gas RC touring cars use .12 or .15 engines. These speedsters can hit insane top speeds of 60+ MPH, blowing away everything else on the road. They are the fastest gas remote control cars and trucks in the market. With their authentic bodies, gas RC touring cars look similar to the race cars you can see on real racetracks worldwide. Gas RC touring cars are designed for on-road racing only.
- Traxxas Nitro 4-TEC 2.5
- Traxxas Nitro 4-TEC PRO
- HPI Nitro RS4 3 Type SS (kit)
- HPI RTR Nitro RS4 3 (RTR)
- Nitro Racer 2 (kit)
- Team Associated Nitro TC3 Touring Car (RTR and kit)
3) 1/8 scale Monster trucks: RC Monster Trucks have been the most popular gas remote control cars and trucks in recent years. That’s no wonder if you look at their features. These giants are the undisputed heroes of gas remote control cars and trucks. 1/8 scale RC Monster Trucks are the biggest, meanest, toughest remote control cars available. Due to their big-block engines and large tires, RC Monster Trucks can fight their way through just about any terrain by sheer, brute power. High ground clearance gives RC Monster Trucks the ability to climb high on hills and rocks. Nothing can stand against a 4WD 1/8 scale Monster Truck. The tough 4WD system gives RC Monster Trucks incredible traction and climbing ability. RC Monster Trucks can be used on road and off road. From the many gas remote control cars and trucks in the market, no other RC vehicle gives you the flexibility of an RC Monster Truck.
- HPI Savage 21 (RTR)
- Team Associated Monster GT (RTR)
- Tamiya Terra Crusher
- Tamiya Clod Buster
- Tamiya Juggernaut
4) 1/8 scale On-road cars: “The Formula One of RC” – there is nothing faster than 1/8 scale on-road race cars. These speedsters can hit incredible top speeds of 80 MPH and feature awesome acceleration: from 0-60 in less than three seconds. These gas remote control cars and trucks are for the serious experienced racer looking for the ultimate racing experience. 1/8 scale on-road cars are designed for smooth race tracks.
HPI Proceed (kit)
5) 1/10 SCALE 4WD MONSTER TRUCK: Like their big brothers from the 1/8 scale league, the 1/10 scale RC Monster Trucks belong to the most popular gas remote control cars and trucks. They come with 2WD or 4WD and reach top speeds in excess of 40 MPH. If you want to control such a 4WD big-tire beast but do not want to spend that much money for a 1/8 scale Monster Truck, a 1/8 scale Monster Truck is the car of your choice. The fastest 1/10 scale RC Monster Trucks reach top speeds of 40+ MPH. Less weight, lower price, higher speed, what else can we say … … o.k., one more: with the Traxxas T-Maxx, you get one of the BEST remote control cars available. This monster just won the Radio Control Car Action’s Reader’s Choice Awards for the best nitro truck in 2001 and 2002.
- Traxxas T-Maxx (RTR)
- Traxxas Nitro Stampede (RTR and kit) 2WD
- Traxxas SPORTMAXX 2WD
- HPI Nitro MT
- HPI Nitro RS4 MT (RTR and kit)
- Tamiya Mad Bison (kit)
This completes our overview of gas remote control cars and trucks. There are many gas remote control cars and trucks out there in the market. With this introduction into gas remote control cars and trucks, we provided you with the necessary knowledge to select your favorite kit from the many gas remote control cars and trucks. If you are now fascinated about gas remote control cars and trucks, go ahead and browse through our selection of the most popular gas remote control cars and trucks.
Always remember gas remote control cars and trucks are FUN, HUGE FUN.